Coffee Scrub

08:48






So you may be thinking Ellie, what is this dirt that you think I would rub on my body? Well this isn't just any dirt, this is coffee grounds and since I am all things coffee I though it only right to have a D.I.Y moment and make some up myself. For this scrub all you need is the following:


  • 1 cup of coffee grounds (used ones will be a softer exfoliate) 
  • 1/2 a cup of coconut oil (you can also use olive oil)
  • Orange zest 
To make the scrub it is simple all you have to do is melt the coconut oil in the microwave for about 20 seconds, until it becomes a liquid. Next add it to the coffee grounds and then and the zest of the orange and Bobs your uncle its done. These are the benefits:

  • COFFEE - everyone knows that coffee contain caffeine which when put in the body makes you feel more awake, but when rubbed onto the outside of the body can helps reduce signs of cellulite.
  • COCONUT OIL - it features in a lot of beauty and skin care products now a days, but in this scrub it will help reduce water loss and keep skin hydrated for longer.
  • ORANGE ZEST - not only does it smell amazing but orange peel actually contains way more vitamin C than the actually orange itself. Vitamin C is great for the skin and helps create that glow from with in, which is so hard to get in England this time of year.
This scrub may be messy but oh how it works and its dirt cheap! (excuse the pun). Overall it cost me less than a pound to make, the coffee grounds were free as they was used, you can pop into your local coffee shop and I'm sure they would give them you as the normal just go in the bin. The coconut oil was £2 for the massive jar from B&M and you can use it for everything, such as cooking, hair care and even as toothpaste.

Hope you liked this little D.I.Y, I'm sure they'll be more to come,

Love Ellie xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me

Flickr Images